Wednesday, December 5, 2012

gr group texas

Cyrus self generated a question and began writing it under his Qfocus of "Big Al", but when I turned back to him, I saw that he'd only written half the question and then had begun reading again.  When I asked him why, he told me that he wanted to keep reading so he made sure he finished.  I think this might be one reason why some students stop less often to write down questions, they simply don't want to be slowed down from reading, similar to me I guess.  I wonder if this process is too academic and not functional enough. 

Emon wrote and categorized "Why does Big Al have no friends" (analyzing) and "Do the fish like Big Al?" (understanding). 

Eventually Cyrus's question that he wrote out stated: "Wy does Big al acts like other fish but he was doien big  he rely didnt have acit like others Be yoursellf and don't juge pepol without geting to know them"

Zion wrote some basic level inferences in her reader's notebook, but it's good because they show that she had a solid understanding of what she was reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment