Thursday, February 7, 2013

saving the polar bears with questions?

Today we were going through morning meeting as usual and we're reading the morning message, which is about how we're going to learn how to help stop global warming and save the polar bears.  Dameko raised his hand and said: "Are we going to ask questions to help the polar bears?"  I was really confused, and I asked him what he meant: "I don't understand Dameko, how can questions help polar bears."  He said, "No, I mean are we going to put "polar bears" up there [pointing at the Q Focus tab above the Think Tank (where they generate questions and categorize them according to Bloom's taxonomy)] and then come up with questions to help them?"
The kids, especially Malik, seemed really excited about this prospect.  They're starting to internalize the process, which is great in itself.  It's also awesome because they gave me a better way to launch my lesson today :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment