Sunday, January 8, 2012

I'm Back!!

Oh blog, it's been a month since I last spoke to you (and whoever's reading this in the internet etherworld). School's been out for 3 weeks, so I don't have to feel guilty about this!

It looks like this New Year is going to bring drastic changes to school life. I found out that my principal is strongly considering departmentalizing 4th grade, which means no more teaching literacy for me! If this actually happens I will be sad because even though I find teaching reading to be the hardest subject, that challenge has made all of my discoveries and breakthroughs so rewarding.

But it's not the end of the world because at least this change is occurring at the same time as my research is shifting gears from taking data solely from classroom instruction/worktime, to taking data from afterschool instruction/worktime. My Comic Book Club launches this week. I've paired down the list to 18 participants (4/5th graders only), of which I expect about 15 participants to actually show up for inaugural meeting this Friday. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment