Sunday, January 15, 2012

Update on Independent Reading

I continue to love independent reading! I just love watching how the kids disperse and connect to reading in their own personal ways. Some like Shimya and Briyonna like to write what they're thinking on their book nooks. Others like Kayla, Anjahna, and Davontae like to read books together. I'm often surprised by the combinations of students who end up reading together. Others like Deavion and Donte have been re-reading their guided reading books, and after I conferenced with them, they're working on asking deep questions about the book. Reviewing what they've written about their guided reading book, "Mouse Soup", I don't see the depth to their questions and their thoughts as I would like. Helping students develop deeper questions to their reading is definitely a good next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment